Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back From Hiatus

I haven't posted in about a month, with the holidays and work it's been tough to get free time to ramble on here. So, I offer a few jumbled observations from the haze of the past few weeks, and then I shall commit to posting regularly again.

So, a few highlights: I took 3rd in Dave's tournament on 12/12 for $110. Not a bad way to kill some time. I'm not really concentrating on tournament play much anymore, especially with the surge in 8 game play. I have also secured a guaranteed seat in the POY final with that cash, so I no longer need to keep contributing the +$1. I know that annoys the shit out of Mailman, but why should I keep dumping extra dollars into a pot I have little real chance of winning? It seems +EV to me stop paying extra and still get a shot at the kitty.

With the push for 8 game lately I've been doing much better in cash, albeit at lower increments. I'm not cashing out $1K a night but I've certainly been covering my expenses with it. I only have one losing session, and most of that loss was at NLHE while I was waiting for mix game players. I've also slowly begun playing props with the other guys, I'll probably get more into it as it progresses.

I downloaded a trial version of the "Poker Journal" app for the iPod Touch. I want to give it a try before I plunk down the $13 for the full version. All the reviews I read on the web were positive, most people say it's worth the money. I'm going to give it a run and see.

More after this weekend's pokering.

No comments: