Friday, March 05, 2010

My Poker Weekend

My poker weekend started off just dandy. I decided to go to Pete's $1/1 game and play. When I got there it was $1/1 round by round hold'em and omaha. I lost my first buy-in to Meats when I raised with AQ, he re-raised with KK and I shoved. I flopped the nut flush draw and of course caught two bricks. Rebuy. Get my money in with a pair preflop in Omaha, flop a straight flush draw, and lose to Hiphop's dry pair of jacks on the river. Rebuy. Lost my third buyin when I misread Jesse in a hand, he was shoving and I thought he missed and called with a pair of 10's. No good. I decided to leave and head over to Gemini with a buyin. I run it up to $380 and then get snapped off for $130 in two hands. First I get 99, raise to $7. One caller. Flop 8-3-4. I bet $15, short stack makes it $25 more. I call. He says "Two pair" and then turns over 8-3 SUITED. Turn an 8. Then I get into an absolutely monstrous hand. I am in the BB with J-9. UTG makes it $10. Five callers. I call and take a flop. Flop 10-8-7 two spades. I check, initial raiser bets $15. Guy in the middle makes it $50. I shove $258. First guy calls off his last $40. Middle guy tanks...takes forever. He says "I know you have a straight...fuck it, I call". He rolls over a set of 7's and I am fucked. Turn 8 no waiting. I decide to leave after dropping $520 tonight. Everything I touched turned to shit, I couldn't hit a draw if I had to.

I decided to hit Dave's Saturday night and see if I could turn things around. I bought in the tournament short and tried to get going but couldn't really get a stack built. I finally took the add-on and ended up busting 30th. I couldn't hit a draw or get a hand to stand up, and I was constantly getting run over by sets. After I tapped out I decided to play NL instead of 8 game. Bought in $100, ran it up to about $400 when I got stabbed pretty hard by Matt G. I limped with 2's, flop was 2-3-5 two spades. Matt led out and I raised him. He called. Turn was a blank and he checked so I put him on a draw and shoved on him. He snap called and 4-6 was good. Lost about $150 there. Then I started playing frustrated when I got into a three way hand with Andrew and TK. TK raised preflop and I called with 6-5h, and Andrew called also. Flop was J-10-5 one heart. Andrew checks, TK bets. I call, Andrew calls. Turn is the Ah. Andrew bets out into TK. TK calls. I raise enough to put them both all-in. They both call. River 3h. I table my flush and Andrew shows JJ. TK mucks and I take a huge pot out of sheer frustration and luck. I had no logic for still being in the hand other than I was steaming and got lucky. After the usual beration for my poor play I tightened it back up. I was up and down a little more (ended up making trip 2's three times and losing all three, twice to 3 out boats). I finally cashed out +$426, taking my two day total to -$74 instead of -$500. I really need to work some more on controlling myself after I take a beat, I should probably be walking those off or something instead of continuing to play.

Headed over to Gemini to play some $1/2 for a bit. Bought in $245 (with tokes) and cashed out exactly $0. I had run it up to $711 at one point, and then the wheels came off of me. I picked off a $300 bluff and lost anyway when he hit his 2 outer on the turn. Got all the chips in three ways with top two and lost to the donkey straight. Etc, etc. Hands wouldn't hold up, my reads were way off, and I just generally played bad. One hand I have pocket 5's. Super nit guy makes it $10 preflop. Flop comes K-4-2 and guy slams $45 out, which is more than half what he has left. He's also moving tables next hand and I am sure he missed the flop. I raise him all-in, and the short stack behind me calls for less. Nit guy snap calls. Turn K. River 5. Ship it! He had aces, I horribly misread the hand and got lucky anyway. I never got AA or KK, had QQ twice and lost once with it, JJ once and lost, 10-10 once and lost, and none of my lower pairs tripped up. I did not make any straight draws, and only one flush (runner runner to boot).

I need to slow the fuck down, I am playing too fast. I think returning to internet poker and especially Rush Poker on Full Tilt are fucking up my live game. Ever since I returned to online I've done horribly IRL. I am going to quit internet poker again and see if I can turn my live game around. I want to be in good form for the WPT in two weeks, want to go and play the Stud 8/Omaha 8 mix event.

No comments: