Sunday, March 14, 2010

Still Sliding The Wrong Way.

Short poker weekend this week, have to keep my bankroll intact for the WPT on Monday. I played Dave's last night and got horribly crushed. I bought into the tournament and ran my 8k up to 20k. I could actually feel the cards turn the other way. I lost 2k to Mailman in a three way pot, then lost about 8k to TK when he hit his 1 out set on me (which, of course, gave me two pair). I slid down some more before being moved twice in less than a round. I end up at Table 3 and it's playing really snug. I get pocket 7's UTG +1 and just open shove with them. Folds around to button who tanks and then calls with 10's. They are good. Down to 3200 and posted for 600 when I get J-10d. Pyxis raises and I can't just call, so I shove. She, of course, has Aces. I'm out, head to cash game.

I buy in for $100 in the $1/1 and run it up to $150 when I get into a hand with Dave's neighbor. He's been bragging all night about how he just won 20k on an instant lottery ticket, so you know he doesn't give a shit about the $100 in front of him. I raise preflop with AQ, flop is Q-2-7. He bets into me and I raise him all-in. He snap calls. His Q-2 holds up and I am now stuck. I lost the rest of my first buyin when Hacker raises preflop and I call with 9-7s. Flop 10s-8s-3. He c-bets and I shove. Snap call. Brick-brick and his pocket Jacks are good. I rebuy and run it back up to $200 when Dave sits down. He raises preflop and I call with 4-3c. Flop 7-4-7. He leads out for more than the pot. I have seen him do this before and it usually means he's on AK and missed. I take the turn which is a 5 giving me a gutshot also. He hesistates and shoves, and I call. River is a blank and he tables 8-8. I get AQ again, raise it up. Rich and Dave's neighbor call. Flop A-K-8 two diamonds. I c-bet, two callers. Turn is a 3. I bet out about $45 two callers. River is a 10. I check and Rich shoves. I fold and he shows A-10, hit his three outer. I lose the rest of that stack when I get AKd, Dave raises and I flat call. Rich re-raises and I shove. He says "Are my Kings good?" and you know what? They are. I rebuy for the last time and bleed off to about $50 when I get K9c. Rich makes it $7 and I call along with Dave's neighbor. Flop A-J-2 with 2 clubs. Rich bets $15, guy calls, and I shove. Two callers later and you just know what happened. Brick-brick, Dave's neighbor shows Q-10c and Rich's AJ is good. I decided to just get up and leave. I got crushed every time I started to get anything going, and it just wasn't my night. I decided to just conserve my roll in anticipation of the WPT event tomorrow.

I will be tweeting live updates from Indiana as I play the $300+$40 Stud 8/Omaha 8 event at WPT Hollywood. I will probably also play some of the cash games. We're going out Monday, staying overnight, and returning Tuesday. Stay tuned for a trip report and results in a special Wednesday edition of my blog.

No comments: