Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Late Weekend Comeback

After a long day helping Kirsten cater her brother's wedding reception, we decided to head over to Dave's a bit late and play cash. The game was wild from the start, $1/1 blinds but it played like a $2/5 easily. Some highlights: Early on we are playing 7 handed. New guy limps, Jamie makes it $7. TK raises to $15. I look down at JJ and make it $100 even. New guy shoves for $128 (uh oh). Jamie goes in the tank and finally shoves for $150. TK folds and I am obligated to call. I am up against new guy's AA and Jamie's KQc. I win the side pot but lose the main. A few hands later I get Q10c and call a raise by Frank to $6. Flop is K-J-2 2 hearts. Frank checks, I shove for $72. He calls and shows K9s. River Ace gives me broadway. From there I ran it up and sat on them for a while.

We split tables for a bit and I got into a few hands. Father Time got me for $80 when he shoved preflop with AA and I called with AKh. No good. I laid down the bluff of the evening on Grayday and tilted him good. He was in a straddle and had been raising quite a bit. I raised to $12 from middle position with KJ. Grayday bumped it to $45. I didn't believe him at all, and I popped it $247 more all-in. He goes in the tank and asks if he can expose his cards. We tell him yes and he tables QQ. He's talking himself into believing I have KK or AA. I shuffle my two cards and roll over the K, making it look like I had KK and was going to show either one. He instantly folds, convinced I have it. I then roll over the J and he explodes. He goes on a tear, losing a ton before he finally got it under control.

It was also a good night for K. They were just throwing chips at her. One of my favorite hands ever happened to her. Someone made it $6 to go (Rich maybe?) and Grayday did his ole "$15 all day". Rich, Hiphop, and K call. Flop is 10-9-2 offsuit. HH and K check, Grayday goes $25. Rich raises him to $60. Hiphop goes in the tank for a minute and then puts out $200. He had this huge shit eating grin on his face, as if he knew he had picked them both off. He was definitely pleased himself until Kirsten says "I'm all in" for $600. HH looked like someone had sucker punched him. Grayday and Rich fold, and HH is pot committed for his last $160 with his QJ. Turn is a Q and river a 9 and Kirsten fills up, 10's full. Ship it.

The look on HH's face was worth the price of admission. Priceless.

No comments: