Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend of Tournament Hell

My tournament poker has continued to downslide. There's nothing I can do about it right now, I don't seem to be able to fade the 2 and 3 outers. Friday night at Eddie J's I got seated at a table of complete fish. They were all playing scared and none of them wanted to get paid off. First level (25/50) Aunt Patty raises to 1050 preflop with AK, flops top top with the nut flush draw and shoves. FIRST LEVEL. I lost in two hands, really. First I get QQ, blinds 100/200, I make it 700. Patty calls. Flop 6-6-5. I bet 2K, she shoves. I show Q's and fold, she shows A6. Nice. My last hand, I get AA and make it 700 again. One caller, flop 9-6-4 off. I shove and get snap called by 44. Turn? 4. Nice hand, sir. Cash wasn't much better, nursed a single buyin for 5 hours and then finally busted at 3:45AM.

Dave's Saturday wasn't much better. Very first hand of the tournament, I am in BB with 9-4. Flop 9-9-4. I check, new guy on the end bets 50. I call. Turn? Q. I check, he bets 200. Nice. I call. River? Q of course. I check, he bets 50 again. I call and he shows Q9. I couldn't even raise, I knew he wasn't betting on a bluff. I bled chips all night, called an all-in with the nut diamond draw, other guy turns quad Q's of course. Insult flush on river. I busted in a battle of the luckboxes. I open shove my last 2800 with 77. Jack calls. Brian (Captain Luckbox) raises 3K more. Jack calls. Flop A-J-9. Jack shoves, snap called by Brian. Jack has Q-10, Brian A-Q and I am out.

The cash game showed me a little more love. I got KK and made it $6, Matt G. raises in his first hand of cash to $20. I shove, he snap calls. His AK doesn't get there and I am up. I also snapped one off in Grayday for one of his (many) buyins. I limped with K9 six handed. Flop K-10-9. Grayday bets $10, I raise it to $60. He goes in the tank and asks if he can show. I say sure, he turns up K-8. I try to figure out what I can do to make him call. I slowly roll over the 9 of spades, and he convinces himself I have A9 and calls. I let the board run out and then show him the K. Ship it! Finish cash game up $140, so down $20 overall for the weekend so far. Julie's Sunday tournament was a wash, couldn't get any real run going and the women players were hitting everything. Julie got an absolute gift when Captain Luckbox flopped a flush with a double gut straight flush draw and decided to slow play it 3 ways, letting her fill up on the river card. He then handed her another 8K chasing an open ended straight and missing. I finally bled down to 7200 and open shoved with JJ at the 300-600 level. Cheryl shoves for less with AKd, and another girl in the middle (don't know her name) says "I guess I have to call" and puts 80% of her stack in with AQ. They turn up the hands and I grab my stuff and get ready to leave. Sure enough, 3 out Q on turn and she scoops it. Total for the weekend down $60. Oh well, could be worse I guess.

No comments: