Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Salvaging My Poker Weekend

After the beating I took at Dave's Saturday night I was leery about playing any more this past weekend but I decided to go to Julie's on Sunday night and play the $40 tournament. Started out treading water, went up to about $20K when I busted Kerry's dad. I raised on the button with A5d, he called. Flop A-5-J. He bet into me, I shoved and he called, his AQ didn't get there and I was rolling...for a few minutes. Two rounds later, I raise on the button again with A7d, Monsignor calls. Flop A-4-2 two spades. He check raises me, I shove in and he snap calls his 14K stack off with K8s. Turn? Spade, of course. I was crippled down to $2500 but tripled up with 99 against AK and AJ. By the final table I was back up to $20K when I got really lucky. Monsignor raised on the button with AK, I shoved in with 77 and unexpectedly Cheryl called. Monsignor folded and she showed AA. I flopped a 7 and went on a roll, smashing the final table. The only bad part was sitting next to Patty. She made a point of rubbing against my leg all night, trying to get me upset or tilted. When it got down to me and her heads up, I moved to the other side of the table. Data offered to give her a penalty for the touching, but I wasn't going to give the satisfaction of thinking she got to me or the attention she so desperately wants from me. I beat her in three hands by hitting a 3 out 8 on the flop.

With the tournament cash in my pocket I hit St. Rocco's with K. I bought in for $100 and ran it up to $280. There were some truly horrible players. We ran into the jackass that called Kirsten a "lowlife" at the Parma Hts game because she wouldn't show him her cards. I took glee in busting him in two straight hands. He's truly horrible - he plays every hand no matter how much preflop and pisses and moans every time he loses. We finally cashed out and went to Con's omaha game. We left Con's after a couple of orbits though. I was expecting a more serious game, and it was very casual (and smoke filled). We headed back to St. Rocco's and I bought in for $100 again. I ran it up to $314 before feeling the fatigue set in, I decided to cash while up and waited for K to finish so we could split. Not a bad way to finish up the weekend, my Vegas roll is looking plenty healthy.

1 comment:

Blogger #722346B said...

Welcome to the blogosphere...I added a link on mine.

NH, and GL.