Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Disappointing Friday

Played the $40 at Julie's last night. I knew it was going to be a rough one early, lot of folding in the first couple rounds whilst the women at the table were card racks. I lost a big hand early to Jen and it was downhill from there. I raised with A-10h in mid position, she called from the button. Flop A-10-9 two spades. I bet the pot, she calls. Turn Qc. I bet, she calls again. River? King. She checks and I just know she has a Jack. I check behind and she shows J-9s for the straight. I lost about 3K there and never really recovered. It was another night where I did not get dealt a pair higher than 10's, got AQ once, and AJ a few times. I didn't make a single straight or flush draw. Every move I made seemed to be the wrong one. The crippling blow was 8 handed, I had 8200 left and was in the BB for 1600. Wolverine Dave shoves from early position for a bit less than 8000, and Data flat calls. I almost shove blind but look down at 2-4. I fold it face up and watch the flop come out 3-5-6. A few hands later on the button I get A-5s and shove, Data calls with QJd and hits a Jack. At least Kirsten cashed (4th), so the night wasn't a total loss.

No comments: