Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Rollercoaster Week

Decided to head to Nautica on Thursday to get some cash game in since I couldn't play much this weekend. Sat down at a brand new table and proceeded to win exactly one hand. I cannot get anything going down there, and every hand turned into $35 preflop by the 2nd orbit. I got all my money in with AQh, board ends up Q-Q-10-2-4 and I chop with AQ off. Nice. Last hand I get my final $90 in with AK on the turn with a board of A-A-8-9 two diamonds. Get called by K5d and of course - river diamond that doesn't pair the board. Nice hand, sir.

Well, I couldn't play any of the regular games this weekend due to "family commitments" (read: can't leave kids in car whilst playing). After dropping them off at home I had about an hour and a half before I had to get Kirsten's car back so she could go to work. I decided to go fast-play some $5/10 limit at Nautica. Oh sweet mama, I think I've found my game. They were literally throwing money at me (they use cash, not chips in the limit games). I sit down with $180 after seat fee and parking, and get to work. Some notable hands: I get 2/5 in the blind (only one $5 blind) and it limps to the girl on the button. She pops it and I call (as does the entire table). Flop A-2-4. Checks around to her, she slaps down another $5 and everyone but me folds. Turn 6. Check-check. I know she doesn't have an Ace now, or she would've bet for sure. River 2 and I lead out for $10. She snap calls and flips over QQ, I show the 2 and drag a nice pot.

Later on I get 5-7 in middle position and this aggressive guy on the end pops it to $10 without looking at his cards. I call along with 4 others. Flop K-9-7. Checks to Mr. Aggro and he forcefully bets $5. I call and chinese lady in position calls. Turn 5. Bingo! I bet $10 and chinese lady calls. He goes "5-7 huh? Fine." and calls. River 4, I bet out again. Chinese lady calls (uh-oh) and he says "I know you have 5-7. I'm sure of it". He calls. I sheepishly turn over 5-7 and they both muck their dry kings. He starts talking shit, saying "I knew it, I was right" and I finally said "Way to make the correct read and still pay off". He got steamed and told me I wasn't playing tricky. I told him "Duh, I led out when the 5 hit, I wasn't trying to be tricky". He blew through another $200 before I got up.

My last big hand was against one of the mouthy Arab guys that plays. He pops it from middle position and I call with AJ. Flop is K-10-3. Checks around to him, he bets the $5 and everyone including me calls (I gotta call $5 into a pot of $60 something on a gutshot and two overs). Turn was a J. He bets out $10 again and I start thinking he's on QJ. I call and we take a river, A of spades. He checks disgustedly, and I would've bet $10 but I was almost sure he was on QJ. I check and show Aces up and he gets pissed, slamming his K-10 on the table and cursing my runner-runner. I scoop a nice $100+ pot. The only big hit I took was with QQ. I almost didn't even play it, but I decided to raise with it. Two callers, flop J-10-9 two hearts. Check-check, I bet, call-call. Turn is the 5d. Check, bet. What? Hmmm. I slow down and call, first guy folds. River is a 2 no heart. Check, check. I show QQ and he shows 10-9 for two pair. Nice hand, sir. I hate big pockets in limit, no way to shake the bums out. So, after parking and seat fee I cash up $187. I cut my loss for the week back to $39, which is certainly better than being stuck $226.

1 comment:

Blogger #722346B said...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8FSvDbaTzHs/SsTtSvbp1AI/AAAAAAAABRU/YMawiBy54-0/s1600/IMG_0967.JPG

Timmy!!